Starting the first
Prof. Dr. Ahmed ElKharbotly wishes the best for all NILES students.
Cairo University , a comprehensive institution of higher
learning located in Giza, Egypt, is committed to
preparing students for the challenges of a rapidly
Through interactive learning and new information
technologies, our graduates are poised to enter the work
force with the skills needed to succeed in today's
The National Institute of Laser Enhanced Sciences NILES
was opened in 1994.
It began as a laser center at Faculty of Sciences and
Prof Lotfia El-Nadi was the director then it became
independent institute at 1994. Vision and Strategic Goals.
News and Events:
- ÷An Invitation to attend the lecture entitled "Future of Optics and Photonics" by Prof. Bahaa E. A. Saleh, Dean, CREOL, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, USA. Wed, 2 January, 2013, at Main Auditorium, NILES, Cairo University [Details]
- §Exams dates (The first term JAN 2013) [View]
- Computer courses for NILES members and graduate students [Details]
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Abdel Harith becomes a senior member of the Optical Society of America [View]
- A radio interview with Prof. Dr. Ahmed Elkharbotly (in Arabic) [Listen]
- A list of recently added books to NILES library 2012 [View]
- A new web page for Laser Engineering (EAL 503) course [more]
- A new web page for Laser Physics (EAL 501) course [more]
- Application Form for the Diploma. [View]
- A new group for NILES members on the facebook. [join]
- The second NILES scientific conference on Tuesday, 13 March 2012. [more]
- A workshop on Laser Application in Archaeology on Wednesday, 7 March 2012 entitled: "Optical And Modern Techniques For Conservation And Restoration Of Archaeological Artifacts" [more]
- Staff Members of Niles had a meeting with the dean on Sunday was held on Sunday, 4 March 2012.
- A new web page for (LAM 603) course. [view]
- Results of NILES Elections:Prof. Dr. Ahmed El-kharbotly is the new elected Dean of the National Institute of Laser Enhanced Sciences, Cairo University. [more]
Previous Events: [ view ]